Thursday, October 25, 2007

Soooo tired...

Okay, I need to preface this by saying that I do not want to in any way sound ungrateful or anything like that about the fact that we're going to have a baby very soon. I am so thrilled at the idea of being Delia's mom and I cannot wait to see my daughter's sweet face. I am, however, allowed to complain a little bit...so I'm gonna...

This kid has been killing my insides for the past two nights. I think that, collectively, I've gotten about 3 hours of sleep. I look like a punching bag. I have swollen, puffy eyes. My ribs have been taking a nightly beating and my back feels like it's going to cave in on itself. I would like to look forward to being able to possibly get some much needed rest over the weekend...but we'll be in Nashville. Rest won't be an option. I feel like I'm going to pass out at any given moment. Also, I was warned about the really bad heartburn toward the end of pregnancy but I didn't take it very seriously. I do now. Anytime I eat, I feel like she is literally pushing the food, along with a gallon of stomach acids, back up my food chute. And because I'm not very tall, and I feel that she may be...she is quickly running out of room to put herself and so the feet go right up under my diaphragm which makes it really hard for me to breathe as well as I'd like. On top of the fact that I already have asthma...it gets scary.

Okay, I am done with my whining. Again, I am so happy that she'll be here soon and when I do get upset over my lack of sleep and constantly aching body... I just go into her bedroom and I feel overwhelming joy. I just wish she'd give her mother a break for like, one night.