Friday, October 19, 2007

So if part of a tree falls on your house and you're asleep, does it make a sound?

Around 3:00 am, I get up to do my regular pregnant woman bathroom routine and when I lay back down, I hear what sounds like boulders being dropped on the floor or roof up above my and Mike's heads. Well, the tree on the property next door had come up a few huge branches and limbs short...and dropped them right on our house and cars. We've been trying to get the owner to cut it down (b/c it's dead and a huge endangerment to my house and my family) for months now. So Mr. Charlie Russell got a phonecall at about 3:10 in the morning. He told me we shouldn't be parking our cars in a place we know a tree could fall on them. Well, since this is OUR house...I should be able to park wherever I want w/o fear of trees in someone else's yard falling on our vehicles. And what about our house? Can't exactly move that sucker. I still don't know how bad the damage is. We took a few photos but it was dark and since we knew the whole tree could possibly come down...we high-tailed it over to Mike's parents' in Mike's car b/c the tree mostly hit my car. We won't really know until it's light out how bad things are...hopefully not too bad. I just want to go back to a whole house. Anyway, this guy has known for about two months how bad this tree situation is and has done nothing. So now neither Mike or myself have gotten any sleep and have been rushed out of our own home. I am not so happy...

No comments: