Thursday, October 11, 2007

Who loves student loans?!

Not me. So I was balancing our checking account last night and when I went online to do so, I found that my student loan payment has been more than doubled. Now, I did set it up a little over two years ago as making graduated payments. That means that for the first two years of repayment, the amount would be lower and then after the two years, it would increase. But I feel like a little notification...a letter or something...would have been nice to get to let me know. It's not $20 extra a month I'm talking about. Not to mention that I started making payments in August of 2005...it's October 2007. A tad over two years. I'm just really aggravated that they didn't let me know exactly when it was going to happen...I mean, I knew it was coming but it wasn't the first thing on my mind. That's why a reminder would have been nice. I work on a budget, people!

Anyway, I'm going to call today and figure out if that's even what it is that happened and that they didn't make some billing error. For all I know, without any letter of notice, that's what it could be.

Sheesh. Other than that, the week is going pretty well. I have to teach CPR and 1st Aid at work tonight...until 9 pm. Woo hoo. And then I have to be to a legislative breakfast with a bunch of boring suits tomorrow at 8 am. Then I have a doctor's appointment and I am going to try and remember this time to ask her which way the baby is laying. I'm pretty sure I know...but I always forget to ask.

The weather is supposed to be really good this weekend! I am definitely excited about that and the fact that we really don't have anything planned.

Well, I need to call about my wonderful student loans. Ah college! You plague me still...

1 comment:

Deena said...

oh the wonderful school system! Don't you love it!