Thursday, February 19, 2009

Starting out

Sooooo...I have big, good news! After much prayer/thought/talking it over with Mike, I have decided to do something I should have done a long, long time ago. I have had a love for photography since I was a little girl. That was usually the main thing on my Christmas list...a new type of camera I didn't yet have or a better camera than the one I already had. In high school, I would wake up early on Saturdays and walk around Old Hickory with this ancient old Brownie camera I found in a thrift store. I would have gone to college for photography if I knew I wouldn't be met with rolled eyes and lectures of how it would have been a dead-end. I have had this thought/idea for many, many years and Mike and I have talked it over a lot in the 8 years we've known each other. I am just now feeling confident enough to do it and so I am starting my own photography business. I am literally just getting it going. I have ordered my equipment (after saving some Christmas/birthday money) and will be working on my portfolio. Mike totally, 100% supports me and has been trying to get me to just do this for a long time. I have gotten in my own way before by second-guessing myself. Please pray with me as I take this leap. I am still very nervous and want to be the best I can be. I am sticking strictly to families and children right now. I couldn't stand myself on my wedding day so I don't think I want to tread those waters just yet. I will be using my gorgeous, and much-more-photogenic-than-me sisters and daughter as my practice subjects. I really can't wait...I haven't been this excited about something for myself in a long time.

No comments: