Monday, February 23, 2009

It's another girl!

Not for us...that would have been strange and fast huh? Delia is going to have a little girl cousin to grow up with! I am soooo excited. When Jason and Miranda first told us they were expecting, I really thought it would be a boy but then after we moved...I didn't know anymore. Brooklyn Kate Barnard should be here in early to mid-July. I am already thinking of all the cute little things I want to get for her. Seriously, I don't know when or if I'll have nieces or nephews of my own so this is the next best thing as far as family goes. I already feel like I have little nieces and a nephew (Sophia, Aubrey, Isaiah and Miss Amelia!) from friends.

Anyway, I was just super excited about that and wanted to share.

We had a good weekend...not too eventful. I napped a couple of times (which I NEVER get to do anymore). My uncle, who is a former Jehovah's Witness, came to church with Mike and I yesterday. I know if it was confusing for my mom as a Catholic...I know it has to be even more confusing for him to understand God's grace. My prayer is that conversations will be had with either us or people put in his path and that his eyes will be opened. He has had such a hard go of things for the past 8 years or so. He has 4 children and all of them have either a mental, emotional, physical, and/or developmental disability. He's struggled with alcoholism for as long as I can recall. His ex-wife is bi-polar and makes life for him and their kids very hard. He is a great guy and knows no strangers, he can make friends with a tree if need be. I just want him to know God's peace and to receive His grace. It's a pretty huge step that he even came because I don't think he's been to another church since he left Kingdom Hall. Just pray for him with me if you don't mind.

Well, that's it. Now I need to go get that Delia Bird to bed for a nap.



Photobucket

No comments: