Friday, January 16, 2009

We've got a walker over here!!!

Man, I was starting to think she'd be two by the time it happened...and it actually wasn't today...it was Monday. But Delia is a walking girl. She is still wobbly but she can go clear across rooms (that aren't too big). We took her to Opry Mills during the day on Wednesday and let her walk in there and she went (with help from my finger) from Past and Presents almost to Rainforest Cafe. In case you don't know, it's not a short walk. It took us about an hour to get there but she made it. She was so excited. She doesn't like to be corraled up in the living room anymore...she wants to explore. But...my parents' house isn't totally baby-proofed yet so we have some cabinets and such to work on. Here's a couple of photos of her walking and I'll try to put up the video too. I've never done that before so bear with me. She's playing with my old cell phone...it keeps her away from my current one. What is it with babies and cell phones???









Photobucket

3 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

awwww.....yay!!!!!

The Downey Family said...

Yay! Noah still hasn't walked yet. He can stand up by himself but when he tries to move he just falls. haha. I'm sure he'll venture out when he's ready! He weighs almost 26 pounds (my BIG boy!) so Brian blames that for his balance issue. lol. Hooray for Delia though!!

Deena said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok about my little blogger guy...I thought the exact same thing the first time I saw it!!! HAHA i miss you!