Sunday, January 4, 2009

Lazy, rainy weekend

Not much has been happening this weekend...and that's just how I've liked it. Not plans, no agenda. Just going with whatever comes up.

We were going to check out a new-to-us church tonight in East Nashville but my aunt and cousin that I haven't seen in 7 months are coming through town on their way home to Kentucky so we're having dinner with them instead. City Church...we will have to meet next Sunday.

Delia is doing great. I would say growing like a weed but anyone who has seen my daughter knows the likelihood of that happening. She has such an extensive vocabulary. She knows where ALL of her body parts are...even the unmentionables (which she calls "No"...I just don't want her to hook it being all grabby down there!). She still isn't walking but I'm not at all worried...she will when she's ready. She is such a personable and outgoing girl. She says hi to just about everyone we pass when we're out. And then she wants to let them know all of the animal noises she can produce.

Since I've been able to stay at home with her now...we are missing some social interaction with other kids. Now kids her age don't "play together" anyway...but still, she's missing out on just being around other kids. So I've started taking her to storytime at Old Hickory Library where I used to go when I was little. Actually, the same sweet lady, Ms. Dorothy, is still doing storytime there after 30 years. She is amazing with kids. It's neat that Delia can sit in the same room I used to sit in and listen to the same stories and sing the same songs I sang when I was little. Anyway, she loves just being around the other kids. She's the youngest but she behaved well for being 13 months. We're also signing her up for Kindermusik classes starting January 23rd. I am so excited and I know she will love the songs and dancing and instrument playing. It will also give me time to be with other moms.

Well, that's my update for now. Have a good week!



Photobucket

No comments: