Saturday, September 13, 2008

Relieved...




Because I have a VERY mobile child...I won't go too much into details. Basically, Holston terminated me. I kind of saw it coming and it had nothing to do with anything I was or wasn't doing. The administrator has been coming down hard on everyone the past few months and apparently I wasn't the only person to be let go. What is the most frustrating is that on the same paper they're firing me with...they ask to hire me for contract work. I've also been getting phonecalls because they need help with my old files. Sorry...when you fire someone..that's it.

Most people might get really upset and worried about something like this...and usually, I would too. But if you've been keeping up with my recent posts at all...you know how sick of Holston I have been and how much I have been wanting to stay home with Delia. So when they let me go, I actually felt this huge amount of relief. As strange as it may sound to some, I can totally see God at work in this.

Delia turned 9 months the day before all this happened, which is why I haven't updated. I've been busy chasing after her and we took a trip to Williamsburg, VA with my family last week. Delia is doing awesome. She isn't really gaining much weight but she eats like a horse and is all over the place. She still doesn't crawl...she scoots. But man is she fast! She also took her first tumble off our bed. I literally turned around for a split second and when I turned back around...she was going over the side. I saw the whole thing. She didn't hit her head. She grabbed onto our comforter as she was going down and I think it broke her fall. Either way, she doesn't get put on our bed alone anymore. She took her first really long trip and did awesome, she was so good the whole way there and back. Rode her first bus. Stayed in her first hotel. Survived a hurricane (or at least the wind and rain leftover from Hanna). She is eating table food now, but it's really hard because she can't have any dairy until she's a year. She can wave and say bye bye and hey. She says Mama and Dada and a bunch of other stuff I can't make out yet. She also gives people five. And she dances while saying, "Yeah yeah yeah". She waves anytime she sees or hears something she likes. She loves the Backyardigans and Oswald. She is trying to pull up but so far can get herself onto her knees and that's it. She freaks out when you take something from her that she is playing with (even if she shouldn't be). She is working on tooth number 8. She is only about 15 pounds and is 27 inches. She's teensy. I had to go back and buy her new fall clothes because the ones I had were 9-12 months. She's just now getting into 6-9 month clothes. Melissa came over and did her 9 month photos today. She'll have them ready in a couple of weeks I'm sure.

Anyway, I love being able to see all this throughout the day.

Still...keep us in your prayers as this has added a lot more stress for Mike. He's the sole breadwinner now (even with me getting unemployment). We're also still Nashville bound. When I found out I had lost my job, I kind of panicked and said that we had to move to Nashville by the end of the month...regardless of whether or not Mike had a job there yet or whether or not the house had sold. After a good talking to from my parents...I have focused a bit more and we're praying to know what we should do. If God wants us to move soon...He'll make a way. But we also may be hanging here a bit longer. We're still moving...we just still don't know when. I'm trying to be more patient with that and I've been realizing that maybe that's part of all this...to teach me patience and to have full and absolute faith.



Photobucket

4 comments:

The Downey Family said...

Hey There...I'm glad you and Delia enjoyed watching Noah learn to chew! haha. I can't believe Delia is just 15 lbs! She's already watching her girlish figure! lol. Noah is weighing in at 22 lbs. and 12 oz!!! He is obviously not concerned with his waistline. haha. We'll be thinking about you all as you adjust to being without a job and as you wait to find out what God has in plan for you regarding your move! Being selfish we'd love the move to be soon...so the kids can play!

Marsha Loftis said...

you have a lot on your plate. I was once in a job I absolutely hated. I was also let go. I think I was meant to loose the job because soon afterward something much better came along. Good luck in selling your house and relocating to Nashville.

Denira Baird Williams said...

I love that pic of Delia!

Melissa Donna Abbott-Hill said...

Oh, Steph I love you, you are just like me panic and then the patients comes! I know that everything will work out as long as you are open to God's plan, but I'm glad you're still here and I'm glad I got to take Delia's pictures, she is awesome!