Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I'm the Mama!

I am so amazed by how quickly Delia is growing. I am also sad that I'm not there during every day to see it as it happens. I am uplifted though that each and every day as soon as she sees me, she lights up and gives me the biggest toothless grin! Being her mom is the best thing I can think of next to being Mike's wife.

We're also finally able to start bringing her to church. Mike filled in on drums at Headwaters this past Sunday and she did so well. They don't have a nursery so she sat with me and slept most of the time. She also finally got to meet her friend Sophia. Sophia is going to have a baby sister soon and she really wanted to hold D...but since she's only 15 months old... no dice.

We're going to get her 3 month photos done next week. Can you believe she's almost 3 months old?!? She sits up in her Bumbo seat with no assistance and can hold her head up so well. She looks so proud of herself sitting on her own. It's adorable.

I am back to work as I sort of elluded to above. I really do enjoy what I do...but I enjoy my time with Delia more. I'm okay once I get her to the sitter's and get to work. It's just hard when she gets up in the morning and is all smiles and being so cute and then having to leave her. I hate that part.

Someone please start a home business with me. I have been thinking about event planning (parties, weddings, etc.). I know I'd be great at it...I organize like nobody's business and I have the best ideas for parties and such. I just really want to think of a way to be able to stay home with my daughter.

Anyway, I need to get back to my work. Mike is home sick and I hope it's nothing terrible or contagious. So far, we have both had colds and a stomach virus and Delia hasn't gotten any of it.

I promise, I'll be putting photos up soon. Soon just happens to be a very unknown word to me right now. So is the word clean. Oh and sleep too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you guys doing well! Hope Mike gets better soon too!

Have fun at Buckhead! I have a friend down there and I hear the Easter service will be off the hook!

Gotta hang soon with you guys!

Deena said...

get on the bus with me and denira. we want to have our own photography business.... the world wouldn't know what hit them!