Monday, February 25, 2008

Don't wanna be here!

I'll be honest...with everyday I'm in my office...I realize more and more I'd rather be home with Delia. I am not a lazy person by any means...I am just a mother who loves her daughter. I know I am not unique in this desire to spend my days with my child. It just hurts to be away from her. Please pray that my days become easier or that we will find a way so that I can be home with her.

Also, we have some big life-changing decisions to make and I know they're going to be very difficult to follow through on. Not so much for me as for Mike. It will be hard on both of us...but more so for him. There is a very good possibility that we will be moving to Nashville within the year. That's where I'm from so it would be easier for me in that regard only. I'll still have to deal with all the changes that will come along with it. Finding a new job, finding a new house (after we just bought one less than a year ago), finding a new sitter, finding a new pediatrician...not to mention just the headache of moving in itself. We're not moving until Mike gets a job. This isn't a decision that was come to easily. It's just that Knoxville can't offer what Nashville can as far as jobs/income. And this wasn't even my idea either. Mike brought it up without me ever even thinking of it as an option. Obviously it will be so hard for him leaving his parents and us leaving our friends and what I have come to consider as my home. We just want to do what is best for our family, whatever that means.

Anyway, that's just a little of what's going on right now. Just send up some prayers for the Gentry family right now, if you will!!!

Thanks!!!

4 comments:

Denira Baird Williams said...

we'll be praying for you!! We'd miss you....but I know you have to do what's best for your family!!! We'll be praying!!!

Deena said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deena said...

that does stink. but hey I have been there done that about better jobs and more money. me and matt will be praying for you mike and delia.

NotJustLaura said...

You never know, maybe moving to another area will allow you to stay home with your daughter?